Children are warmly welcomed to the squirrels Club by qualified and experienced staff, who strive to uphold Finham Primary School’s aim, “To do the best we possibly can”. We are an inclusive club and are committed to equal opportunities for everyone irrespective of race, religion, culture, age, gender or disability.
In line with the school's Charging and Remissions Policy Finham Primary School provide a well-rounded and extensive education for our students which includes a wide range of extra-curricular activities (extended services). Extended services enable our school to provide:
- high-quality learning opportunities either side of the school day
- ways of intervening early when children are at risk of poor outcomes, e.g., by providing access to study support, parenting support or to more specialist services (such as health, social care or special educational needs services)
- ways of increasing pupil engagement
- ways of improving outcomes and narrowing gaps in outcomes between different groups of pupils.
Finham Primary School provides childcare provision in Before and After School Clubs, commonly known as Squirrels Club, there is a charge for this service, which parents are informed of before booking. The charge is made for the cost of non-teaching staff to run the club ensuring the correct child ratio.
The school will give consideration to the remission of charges for Squirrels Club provision to parents or carers who receive the following support payments:
- Income Support
- Income based Job-seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
The headteacher and chair of governors will authorise the remission of charges. The school may choose to subsidise part or all of the payment of some charges for certain activities and pupils, and this will be determined by the governing body and headteacher.
Before School Club runs between 7.45am and 8.45am this costs £3.00 per session and includes breakfast consisting of a variety of cereals or toast.
After School Club runs between 3.30pm – 5.30pm and costs £6.00 per session. We offer a 10% discount for additional siblings in After School Club at a cost of £5.40.
The Squirrels Team is made up of three members of staff:
Mr Atkins, the school Extra School Leader who manages Squirrels Club and the school's extra provision. Mr Atkins will be one to speak to regarding booking places or any enquiries that you may have.
Squirrels also have two Play Leaders who work during Breakfast and After School Club.
We also have a great partnership with CV Life (formerly known as Coventry Sports Foundation). We are lucky to have the privilege of having CV Life sports coaches assist with both Breakfast and After School Club allowing pupils to take part in numerous activities.